In order to make our event run smoothly, the Symposium Management Team is seeking volunteers to assist during both days of the event. If you assist during one day of the symposium, you will receive free registration to attend the second day (with no volunteer duties required).
The majority of our volunteer work consists of assisting in the speaker presentation rooms. Below is a list of activities that would be required as a volunteer in one of those rooms:
- Assist session moderators.
- Provide moderators with the biography for each presenter. This information will be provided to volunteers by the Symposium Management Team.
- Make sure presentations are open and ready to go on the computer. Presentations will be preloaded on the computers by the Symposium Management Team.
- Play music between sessions.
- Alert speakers of session time – providing a five minute warning, a two minute warning and a time’s up flash card.
- Count the number of participants that attend each session and record the data on the chart provided by the Symposium Management Team.
- Rate each session speaker and record information on form provided.
Dress code: Red shirt (provided) and black pants or skirt.
For more information about volunteering, contact Kathleen Frankle at 301.405.8271 or you can register as a volunteer using the online registration system (once registration opens for this event) and you will be contacted.