Risks, Limitations and Value of AI and Big Data in Construction Management
It’s no longer a matter of whether or not but rather how will AI – Artificial Intelligence transform the management of construction projects.
A large volume of data mostly unstructured data is typically generated by construction projects. Most of that data in construction has traditionally been collected on paper and very limited predictive analytics was performed.
Using big data to gain more insights and make better decisions in construction management by not only accessing significantly more data but by properly analyzing it to draw practical building project conclusions. In fact, big data, like truckloads of bricks or bags of cement, isn’t useful on its own. It’s what you do with it using big data analytics programs that count.
From the design phase using BIM – Building Information Modeling, Unmanned Systems to capture and monitor construction progress, to autonomous equipment or smart embedded sensors for asset and project management, this presentation will address the following learning objectives:
- Defining the types of data generated during the life cycle of construction projects
- Identifying the trends for integration of technology in construction management
- Reviewing case examples of AI integration in the build environment
- Recognizing the value of AI and Big data applications in construction management
- Assessing the risks and limitations of transforming and applying smart technology and AI
PMI Talent Triangle: Technical Project Management