We are Looking for Speakers!
Your job is demanding and as a result you’ve got stories. War stories, success stories, failures, and lessons learned. The Project Management community wants to hear them!
As a seasoned project manager, your everyday work experience results in valuable lessons learned. Your experiences provide an extremely valuable learning opportunity, but only if they are shared with other practitioners.
We, at the University of Maryland (UMD) Project Management Center for Excellence, recognize the importance of sharing your project management experiences, best practices and lessons learned. Eight years ago, we initiated the development of our annual two-day project management symposium which allows project managers from any industry the opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences.
- Dates: Thursday, May 5, 2022 and Friday, May 6, 2022
- Agenda – Currently there is an At-A-Glance Agenda available. The full program will be released in January 2022 following the acceptance of all the session speakers.
- Format: Virtual, delivered through WebEx Events
- Session Length: Each session will be 45 minutes in length which includes: a 5 minute introduction, 30 minute speaker presentation, and 10 minutes for Q&A.
Please note that the University of Maryland does not pay speaker fees. If you are expecting a fee, please do not submit an abstract.Submit Your Abstract
Potential Session Topics for the 2022
When you submit your abstract, please be sure to select a primary and secondary topic category. Choices will be from the list below.
- Agile, DevOps and Hybrid Approaches
- Biotech/Life Sciences
- Change Management
- Data Analytics & Digital Transformation
- Federal Programs
- Future/Innovation of Project Management
- Effect of Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Project, Program and Portfolio Management
- New PM Tools and Solutions
- People in Projects
- Changing Role of the Project Manager
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Importance of Soft Skills
- Managing Remote Teams & Alternative Work Schedules
- Motivating Great Work
- Risk Management & Resilience
- Stakeholder Management & Communications
- Speaker Guidance
- Video on How to Set Up a Webcam and Microphone for speaking during virtual events
- Paper Format Guidelines
- Sample Sessions from 2021: Susan Hostetter & John Walsh and Kevin M. Colman
Below are the important deadlines for speakers for the 2022 Symposium.
|September 1, 2021||Call for speakers opens|
|October 25, 2021||Last day to submit your abstract (deadline extended to Nov 1st due to numerous requests)|
|December 13, 2021||Acceptance notifications released via e-mail|
|December 23, 2021||Speaker acceptance deadline|
|January 28, 2022||Registration deadline for all speakers|
|March 28, 2022||Completed papers and draft presentations due. Draft presentations will be reviewed by UMD and suggested edits will be provided to speakers.|
|April 28, 2022||Final presentations due.|