In order to make our event run smoothly, the management team is seeking volunteers to assist during both days of the symposium. If you assist during one day of the event, you will receive free registration to attend the second day (with no volunteer duties required).
The majority of our volunteer work consists of assisting in the speaker presentation rooms. Below is a list of activities that would be required as a volunteer:
- Assist session moderators.
- Provide moderators with the biography for each presenter. This information will be provided to volunteers by the Symposium Management Team.
- Make sure presentations are open and ready to go on the computer. Presentations will be preloaded on the computers by the Symposium Management Team.
- Play music between sessions.
- Alert speakers of session time – providing a five minute warning, two minute warning and a time’s up flash card.
- Provide attendees feedback forms to participants, collect and give them to the session speaker before they leave the room.
For more information about volunteering, contact Kathleen Frankle at 301.405.8271 or you can register as a volunteer using the online registration system (click the Register Now button on the right side of this page) and you will be contacted.