The call for speakers is now open!
Share your PM knowledge and experiences on trending topics, best practices, academic research, lessons learned and case studies! Session topics of interest are shown below.
Abstracts are due November 2, 2020.
The Symposium is scheduled for April 22-23, 2021 and will be offered as a VIRTUAL event. Each session will be 45 minutes in length which includes: a 5 minute introduction, 30 minute speaker presentation, and 10 minutes for Q&A. Speakers will present using WebEx meetings.
Here are a few resources for speakers:
- Speaker Guidance
- Video on How to Set Up a Webcam and Microphone for speaking during virtual events
- Paper Format Guidelines
- Sample Sessions from 2020: Kevin Coleman and Wendy Wickham
Topics of interest for the April 22-23, 2021 VIRTUAL event include the following:
- Advances in Stakeholder Management
- Agile & DevOps
- BIM & Construction Management
- Data Analytics & Forecasting
- Digital Transformation
- Federal Programs
- Future of Project Management Work
- Innovation and Product Management
- Integrated Program Management
- Organizational Change Management
- People in Projects
- Flourishing in Uncertainty
- Lessons from the Pandemic
- Project Managers as Leaders
- Portfolio Optimization & Resource Management
- Procurement Strategies and Contracting
- Risk & Resilience
Below are the important deadlines for speakers for the 2021 Symposium.
|September 1, 2020||Call for speakers opens|
|November 2, 2020||Last day to submit your abstract|
|December 11, 2020||Acceptance notifications released via e-mail|
|January 4, 2021||Speaker acceptance deadline|
|February 8, 2021||Registration deadline for all speakers|
|March 1, 2021||Completed papers and draft presentations due. Draft presentations will be reviewed by UMD and suggested edits will be provided to speakers.|
|April 12, 2021||Final presentations due.|