The good bad and ugly of lean agile and DevOps transformations
We often encounter recurring anti patterns as organizations try to adopt agile lean and DevOps methods:
- Focusing on resource utilization rather than on flow of value;
- Teams argue about user stories, pointing systems and tickets;
- Mangers measure and compare teams based on velocity;
- No one is validating customer hypothesis for fast feedback.
In the turning point of the software digital age where organizations face a Cambrian extinction – the scientific application of flow, agile, lean, design thinking, lean start up, lean UX, OKRs and DevOps together with high performing teams is crucial to business survival.
Let’s Explore together the essentials of successful lean agile and DevOps change initiatives – we’ll find surprising truths about what makes and breaks agile changes in organizations.
- Learn how to keep the approach simple – Digital transformation must be simple – Team agility without organizational cadence, flow and continuous focus on DevOps and technical excellence is a wasted effort;
- Identify the scaling patterns for your organization – Scaling agility can be SAFe but often isn’t because we’re not solving for the right business problem – scaling is about emergence of failures;
- Explain #Soakability for leading change – A Culture of change lead outside-in, fails to deliver results; Success hinges on soak-ability, daily improvement that’s truly continuous
Allow me to share Anchors of Simplicity, Mainstays of Scalability, Tell-tale Signs of Soakability, a journey across continents, numerous clients and many industries on a quest for business agility.
Learn more? Check out this post: Agile Coaching Three Shades Team Agile Activity
Interested in Product Agile?
Agile Retrospective Suck? Watch my YouTube playlist: Quest for Business Agility! Lean Agile DevOps
Why do lean agile transformations fail more often than succeed? In the turning point of the software digital age where organizations face a Cambrian extinction our approach to change is so 20th century
Agile thought leaders, teams, product owners and anyone involved in a change initiative
In the turning point of the software digital age where organizations face a Cambrian extinction – we must make our lean agile transformations Simple Scalable and Soakable
PMI Talent Triangle: Strategic and Business Management