- Dates: Thursday, May 5, 2022 and Friday, May 6, 2022
- Agenda – Currently there is an At-A-Glance Agenda available. The full program will be released in January 2022 following the acceptance of all the session speakers.
- Format: Virtual, delivered through WebEx Events
- Session Length: Each session will be 45 minutes in length which includes: a 5 minute introduction, 30 minute speaker presentation, and 10 minutes for Q&A.
Please note that the University of Maryland does not pay speaker fees. If you are expecting a fee, please do not submit an abstract.
- Speaker Guidance
- Presentation Template
- Video on How to Set Up a Webcam and Microphone for speaking during virtual events
- Paper Format Guidelines
- Sample Sessions from 2021: Susan Hostetter & John Walsh and Kevin M. Colman
Below are the important deadlines for speakers for the 2022 Symposium.
|September 1, 2021||Call for speakers opens|
|November 1, 2021||Last day to submit your abstract|
|December 16, 2021||Acceptance notifications released via e-mail|
|January 4, 2022||Speaker acceptance deadline|
|January 28, 2022||Registration deadline for all speakers|
|March 28, 2022||Completed papers and draft presentations due. Draft presentations will be reviewed by UMD and suggested edits will be provided to speakers.|
|April 28, 2022||Final presentations due.|