Presentation: How to Have Candid Conversations: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion…”Are you ready to talk?”
Abstract: In the workshop Candid Conversations: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion…”Are you ready to talk?”, the audience will participate in an interactive training, that will help them think differently about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We will remove misconceptions, and stereotypes and engage in thought provoking dialog that will be the catalyst for change and acceptance of everyone in this high-octane social unrest environment. I guarantee that the audience will leave with at least 5 to 10 practices and principles they can activate in their personal and professional lives immediately.
- Understand the importance of establishing a Culture for your organization
- Differentiate clearly between Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Understand why Unconscious Bias can tear down an organization
- Distinguish the difference between Micro-aggression and Macro-aggression
- Develop best practices to follow to circumvent a hostile work environment
- Understand a new way of working together in a cohesive environment
- Answer open-ended questions to help you take an introspective look at how you are the catalyst for change!
PMI Talent Triangle: Leadership
Biography: Kevin M. Coleman is the Founder of KMC Empowerment, LLC where he provides executive coaching, empowering speeches, and professional development training to make individuals and organizations successful. This is done through inspiring leaders to define clear vision, mission, and value systems that leads to exponential personal, professional, and business growth. Kevin has been leading training for Executives, Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, Mid-Level Managers, Supervisors, Team Leads, and Journeymen for over 30 years. Kevin has vast experience speaking for all levels of audiences from three (3) to three thousand (3,000). Kevin served his country in the military for over 9 years and is a disabled veteran. Kevin has been recognized as a winner of the BIG Region XI President Leadership Award and was awarded the Virginia Professional Leadership Award. KMC Empowerment has helped individuals, groups, and organization reach exponential growth through coaching, training, team building, and strategic planning.