Paper and Presentation: Introduction to Earned Value – A Case Study
Abstract: Earned value is an approach to track the value of a project’s product as it relates to planned and actual spending. This session will introduce the audience to basic earned value concepts and how to use these concepts to forecast and report project costs. The material presented follows the foundation provided in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) established by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). We will follow a case study to demonstrated the concepts, challenge the audience and forecast estimate at completion.
PMI Talent Triangle: Technical Project Management
Biography: Joseph (Joe) D. Launi, PMP, is the President of Project Management Experts. He has over 35 years of project management and PMO experience supporting federal, state and local governments and contractors. He has worked tirelessly to develop a solid reputation for delivering successful projects and improving project management processes. Mr. Launi is a proven project management executive with extensive experience encompassing:
- Project Management Office (PMO) leadership;
- Development and management of PMO policies, best practices and methodologies;
- Development and presentation of project management training;
- Implementation of project management software solutions;
- Information technology project and program oversight;
- Research and development into motivation and morale building programs; and
- Profit and loss management of various consulting practice areas.
Joe has published numerous works in areas such as software implementation, project planning and team motivation. Project Management Experts specializes in providing progressive technical project management, leadership, and strategic and business management training specially to support PMI’s Talent Triangle. He has delivered the following presentations to PMI Chapters:
- Managing Team Members with Servant Leadership: PMI Montgomery County, PMI Washington Chapter, PMI Roanoke
- Managing and Leading Millennials: PMI Montgomery County, PMI Baltimore (Feb. 2019)
- PMBOK 6 Overview: PMI Montgomery County Chapter
- Earned Value Management: PMI Washington Chapter and University of Maryland Project Management Symposium.
- Project Planning Principles: PMI NJ and PMI Metrolina